Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Why I have started prefering viber over skype on my linux box for messaging!!

Recently , I installed the viber on my linux machine (ubuntu 14.04) for my development box just enthusiastically and found the above my expectation  as compared  skype linux version.

Lets begins with the login , where I used my mobile no and it automatically synced my login to mobile contact. So for now onward I am getting into habit of messaging my friends on viber in place of whatsapp. That is a huge gap in skpye,  which identification element is your mail/ facebook login.

Next comes the gui, the gui of viber for the linux flavour is more friendly intuitive. I do not think any one will disagree on this (again I will highlight I am the linux version).

What left me in miserable state while using viber was about the call quality. I cant neither hear sound or my mic is working for viber , that is not the case for skype. (bug)

 Hope , viber development team will soon be resolving these issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment